Oh April — you were filled with college elation, orchestra rehearsals, and school stress. Missing school, even just a couple days, is so disorienting, and APs are too soon. But I can’t bring myself to care that much.
General Life Updates
- Committed to the University of Pennsylvania
- Changed my tumblr username to pieceofcaustic.tumblr.com
- I’m a full-time driver now! Life quality has skyrocketed like 100%
- The UPenn class of 2020 Facebook page
- Social media of the Jane the Virgin cast.
- Newly-attained Snapchat features.
Can you tell that I finally watched Pitch Perfect 2? And of course Beyonce’s new album LEMONADE of which my favorites are “Sorry,” “Hold Up,” and “Hurt Yourself.”
And I wonder…are you out there…thinking of me?
How can such an upbeat song be so sad?
This is an immaculate jam. That’s all.
Snippets of Internal Monologue
- “It’s only my fault if I get upset. I imagined our potential relationship too hard.”
- “I have UPenn withdrawal”
I’ll have to say Brooklyn Nine-Nine wins my heart this month, but the sentiment comes mostly from the season finale. I know B99’s genre focuses on short funny stories instead of overarching themes, but the last few episodes of the season devoted itself to an actual extended storyline. Which I appreciated.
BUT I could not forgive myself if I didn’t talk about Elementary. I’m really LOVIN’ the attention given to Joan lately. Not so much the long-lost sibling trope, but the peek into her Chinese-American identity overall.
And Lucy Liu is directing again, resulting in some meaningfully-framed scenes such as this.