August was a month of firsts: first stadium concert, first real camping experience, and first weeks of college. It was a month of goodbyes and hellos.
General Life Updates
- I SAW MY FAVORITE BAND LIVE AND I CRIED
- Went hiking and camping overnight for the first time
- Went to my first (real college) party and drank for the first time
- Officially began classes at Penn!
- Watching tennis at the Olympics. My poor, poor Juan Martin Del Potro. 😦
- Trying to get featured on the Ivy League snapchat story.
- A VERY EXCITING STORYLINE ARC IN GUNNERKRIGG COURT NEARING ITS COMPLETION
- How beautiful the University of Pennsylvania is.
I managed to resist this (kinda creepy) song until a couple parties I attended played it. It is a jam and I couldn’t stop crooning “toot toot” and “beep beep” when I was intoxicated.
A SONG ABOUT A LOADED, COMPLEX RELATIONSHIP FROM THE PAST I LOVE ITTTTTTT
I feel like such a fucking bawse whenever I listen to this. An underrated song of Rihanna’s latest album.
Spotlight was an amazing and upsetting film that I recommend to everyone.
I also watched Zootopia, finally, and lost my mind at how clever, deep, and ADORABLE it is!
A collection of things I said about Zootopia:
- “FUCK ME UP that was SO GOOD.”
- “SO MUCH RACIAL ALLEGORY!”
- (sobbing) “THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!”
- “SO SMOL!”
I watched the first several episodes of New Girl with some Science Olympiad girls back in March. Even when I resume watching this month, I thought it was just okay. Then I realized that [SPOILERS] the dynamic between Nick and Jess is literal fire.
So…many late night Snapchats of me sobbing about these two.
Season two was one of the most enjoyable and nail-biting television experiences I’ve ever had, just because the would-they-won’t-they was unbearable. The two develop together and individually so beautifully. More noticeably, Nick becomes a happier person with Jess. Their kiss was the best thing I could’ve imagined.
However, I imagined the consummation of their relationship culminating pretty differently. So, yeah, though it’s nice that they got together, it’s not as good without the slow-burn. Season 3 was pretty sub-par in comparison. I considered to stop watching.
I’ve been played and now I’m trapped.